Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Miami Heat 2006-2007 Schedule
The NBA has released its 2006-2007 schedule today. You can find the entire Heat schedule here.
And for the first time in franchise history, Miami will be called The Defending World Champion Miami Heat for the whole year.
A few games that stand out for me:
- October 31st. Halloween night is Opening Night, and the Heat will get their rings and the NBA Champions banner will be unfurled. The opponent: Chicago Bulls. Too bad it isn't Detorit but at least Big Ben will be there. And while we're unfurling that banner, can we take down Michael Jordan's retired jersey? Please ... PLEASE!!!!
- November 30th welcomes back the Detorit Pistons. Which means I will welcome back all the Detroit Piston trolls who write such nice things about me and my mother in the comments section. *Sigh* ... I love those trolls.
- December 13th welcomes Pheonix and the new look Steve Nash!
- December 25th: Hey, look! We play the Lakers on Christmas Day! What a surprise. Uh, someone tell David Stern that maybe he should consider a different game on X-Mas Day ... maybe a game between two teams who don't have a re-hashed, media-driven, non-existent rivalry between them. Just sayin. Egg Nog, cookies and invented Kobe Hates Shaq, Shaq Hates Kobe melodrama on Christmas Day! God bless us, everyone.
- January 21st: Guess who's back in town! The Geico Caveman and The Whiney Bitch!! It's 2007, a whole new year to get suspended and fined by the NBA ... yay!!!
- February 1st: LeBron comes to town. Should be a good one. Wonder how the Spin-Machine Known As ESPN will prep us all for this matchup. Either way, LeBron will walk into the arena and look up into the rafters and see that championship banner and say, "So that's what it looks like. So pretty. I want one too. Maybe I'll just stare at it all night while I eat my finger nails."
- February 11th: San Antonio Spurs are in town. And you know what that means ... a hell of a lot of over-coverage and over-exposure of this over-rated sugartits. And I'm not talking about the one on the left.
Anyway ... it's going to be a fun season!!! LET'S GO HEAT!
(Thanks for the link, Cliff)
Labels: Miami Heat
I'm looking forward to that Cavs matchup. Let's face it, D-Wade and Bron are the future. But I'm so happy D-Wade got the ring first.
By the way, I think Eva is HOT. What's wrong with you, Dude? Overrated? Come on!
Looking forward to the new season. Just need Riles to commit to coming back and we'll be straight.