Thursday, July 06, 2006
Hey, I'm THE Dude
Did I say I'd post something new Wednesday? Sorry about that. But I'm here today, man!
Since it's a rather slow time for Miami sports and since I can't find any new original Miami Heat videos on YouTube, I've decided to give you some proverbial Blog Bullets instead. Happy Reading ...
- Just discovered this via Stuck On The Palmetto, but there seems to be another The Dude out there. This will not stand, man. I'm THE Dude! Whatever. Just so that you're not confused, this sight has nothing to do with me. You want to read my stuff, just keep coming back here or scan the Deadspin.com comment boards. The Dude abides. The REAL Dude anyway.
- This is old news but, yes, D-Wade will remain a Heat for at least another 5 seasons. Sorry Bill Simmons ... I know how badly you thought Wade should leave Miami. And good luck to them Lottery Celtics next season!
- The always great JE Skeets found an interesting excerpt in the book: The Sixth Man: A Season Inside the NBA Playground. (And his post headline is very original and funny).
- No one -- and I mean no one -- is covering the Florida Marlins like my main man, JD over at SporTech.
- Some of my boys from Deadspin have put together a great Football blog. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out. There really aren't any good football blogs out there so this one hits the spot. And these guys always bring The Funny.
- More old news: Ben Wallace pulled a Johnny Damon and went for the money. Big Ben is no longer a Piston. Here is some fan reaction. Personally, I think the Pistons will still be better than the Bulls. Too many jumping onto the Baby Bulls bandwagon.
That's it for now. Hope you all had a fun and safe 4th of July.
Until next time.
-The REAL Dude
You know I've had this eerie feeling in my stomach since the Ben Wallace deal went down. Not necessarily an eerie feeling that power is suddenly shifting in the Eastern Conference but the fact that the Bulls just overpaid for someone who is overrated defensively and below average offensively. So yeah, that eerie feeling in my stomach is more or else my body telling me to relax, and that Shaq and company will still dominate the Bulls, b/c they still have no answer. Good luck on that one Chicago.
On a lighter note, I think there are a whole shit load of Dudes out there. You guys should exchange links and start a Dude Ring on the net.
Good news on the D-Wade front, Miami Heat fans celebrate a little bit more. Was there any doubt that Wade was a Heatian for life? Not over here. Such a classact this kid is. The comments he made prior to signing his deal just show you his loyalty to the Heat. Lebron is having doubts in Cleveland (which I will be visiting on Tuesday).
Last thing, thanks for the plug and props for the SporTech! It's really appreciated over on this end. I like bouncing readers back and forth from our sites!
Hope you stayed dry today!
On the Wallace thing: I agree with the Dude (the REAL Dude) & JD on this one. The Bulls will be good but unless they can get a Udonis Haslem type -- a guy who rebounds and shoots well -- I'm not sure they're better than Detroit. If they're going to trade Chandler away, they're going to be a different team. The strength of the Bulls this year was their sharp shooting and their fast breaks. Wallace's presence is going to slow them down which takes away a strength.
Not only that, but outside of one game, Shaq flat out owned Wallace in the playoffs. And Wallace is a worse free throw shooter than Shaq if you can believe that. All they did was even the Eastern field AFTER Miami.
The Heat is still the best in the East
But as the Dude, you should take this in a very Dude-like manner and say "Fuck it."
Because, you know, that's your answer for everything. You have it tatooed on your forehead.
That said, perhaps a Dude Web Ring IS the way to go. Just so that it can be cleared up that the MSD is in no way affiliatted with SportsDudes.com ("not that there's anything wrong with it")
Dwyane Wade and Wade Jones.
I'd say you're Dwyane Wade and Jason is Wade Jones. Only because I am a loyal reader of the MSD :)
Jason, it's cool. I guess I can live with two Dudes in the Blogdome Universe. If you're a South Floridian, all the better.
Just call me The Dude.
You know, that or, His Dudeness, or, Duder, or El Duderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
I never understood how anybody could think Wade would sign elsewhere. He said he didn't want to play for Chicago, which would be the only logical place for him to sign that wasn't Miami. And there's no way the Heat would ever trade him, so now I can relax and enjoy the next 6 seasons (at least) of D-Wade.
I seriously need to move and/or get DirectTV next season so I can watch more Heat games.
The Dolphins preview is ready to go but won't be posted until next week; I'm sorry to say you probably won't like it.
Kalibleek: Yes, you need to get DirecTV. Although having you down here would be cool. It's a shame a dude from Cali is a bigger Heat fan than most who live here.